Saturday, January 13, 2007

Well, here we are at a bar at the Gulfport/Biloxi Airport about 18 hours ahead of our scheduled departure. During lunch today we noticed that all sorts of weather problems were wreaking havoc at Dallas/Ft. Worth and thought, "Hm...maybe we should look into that..."

Our flight was canceled. This was about 3pm. Our options were a flight at 4:10 (for seven of us) or one much later on Sunday. The 4:10 option gave us about negative 5 minutes to get ready and get to the airport. The not-leavers jumped in and helped the leavers and mostly everything got packed.

We made it. And it turns out our plane is delayed so now we're waiting.

This has been an absolutely amazing experience and this is a strangely appropriate way to end it.

It's going to take me a couple of days to collect my thoughts so I can really write about it in a way that I feel does it justice. But the summary is this: You should do this. Soon. Often. I can't imagine not coming back some time.

Thanks Biloxi and thanks to everyone involved with Hands On. I'll be seeing y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ry, what an amazing trip! Thanks for keeping us updated : ) Jenn